Code of Conduct for Players
- Play for enjoyment and become part of the rugby family
- Respect the ‘Game of Rugby’ and play within the Laws of the Game.
- Accept the referee’s decision and let your captain or coach ask any relevant questions.
- Play with control. Do not lose your temper
- Always do your best and be committed to the game, your team and your club.
- Be a ‘good sport’. Applaud all good play whether by your team or the opposition.
- Respect your opponent. Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not ‘bully’ or take advantage of any player.
- Rugby is a team sport and make sure you co-operate with your coach; teammates and members of your club
- Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good. • At the end of the match thank your opponents and the referee for the match.
- Always remember that you owe a duty of care to your opponents. Tackle hard but fairly, do not intend to hurt your opponent.
- Winning and losing is part of sport: Win with humility – lose with dignity.
- As part of the team it is important that you attend training regularly and listen to your coach and help your team.
- As a team sport it is important to understand that all members are important to the team!
- Remember you are representing your team, club, family and the Game of Rugby.