20 Jul 2018
Birr RFC is seeking a Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO).
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of programmes in Birr and the surrounding townlands.
The role comprises of working with clubs, schools and community groups to deliver tailored rugby programmes and expand the game within the clubs and schools of the area.
Please see the below job description for more information on the position. The post is a fixed term contract.
All applications should be addressed to Hon Sec Birr RFC and e-mailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO)
- Operational: Area Community Rugby Officer
- Functional: Community Rugby Manager
- Holds appropriate mini and foundation qualification or a commitment to attain same
- Will have access to own transport and full driving license.
- Will have access to internet
- Well-developed time-management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines and to prioritise work
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to gain the confidence, respect and trust of others
- Integrity and honesty
- Committed, enthusiastic and motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, and adaptable to circumstances
- Knowledge of the developmental pathways for rugby players
- Knowledge of specific preparation needs of players and coaches
- Knowledge of the sporting landscape within Leinster and the Isle of Ireland
- Assist the CRO in running of LTPD Stage 1(Mini) and Stage 2(Foundation) Courses
- Assist the CRO in the running of LTPD Stage 1 and Stage 2 Seminars
- Attend all in service training days run by CRO.
- Will run a minimum of three blitzes to occur at club venue. Dates to be confirmed three weeks in advance with CRO.
- Will submit articles and pictures of all blitzes and actions of interest within season - Minimum of 3 articles per season Will run and document Play Rugby Programs – Primary and Girls - as agreed with CRO.
- Will visit designated schools – through agreement with CRO - to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
- Will assist in the development of council programmes such as council cups and teams as directed by CRO.
- Will at all times present him / her self in a professional manner and will wear the designated Leinster Rugby Training Gear.
- Will foster a self-sustaining rugby playing culture within the schools including coaches and administrators.
- To be available to the branch to carry out further duties in accordance with his/her ability/qualification on occasions during the season.
- The CCRO will fill in a monthly report form which will be returned by email to Leinster Rugby Community Rugby Manager
- Will be available at Stage 1 LTPD to be the Leinster Rugby representative endorsing the ‘Leinster Way’ and supporting Stage1 coaches through workshops and coaching clinics.
- When requested the CCRO will return a folder documenting work to CRO. This folder shall be signed off and where possible stamped by:
- Headmaster of School(s)
- Club representative
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required from this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required.
The holder of this position is required to respond with a flexible approach when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in this job description.