24 Jun 2021
Birr RFC is seeking to appoint a Senior Team Assistant Coach for the upcoming season.
- Support the Head Coach to select and prepare the 1st XV for matches
- Planning & preparation of training sessions and activities as per Head Coaches instruction.
- Deliver effective & Progressive sessions throughout the program.
- Content of sessions to be agreed with Head Coach
- Ensure all players get an equal opportunity to participate in all club/team activities.
- Provide feedback to players
- Educating players in the ethos and values of Birr RFC.
- Commitment to the program of Continues Player Development
- Highlight any problems or potential difficulties & identify and implement positive solutions
- Organize and plan sessions to ensure all players maximize their individual performance within a team environment
- Ensure agreed game principles allow all players the opportunity to promote themselves and develop
The successful candidate will be required to have:
- A minimum IRFU Stage 3 qualification (or willingness to attend the course).
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- A structured approach to coaching and game development.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, July 9th.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please send applications with rugby CV to email@example.com.